Peanut, Daisy, Jasper, Lillie

Peanut, Daisy, Jasper, Lillie
Posed and not barking. Two miracles, captured on film!!

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

rescuers are a crazy breed

Talked to the rescue person with the new dog yesterday and agreed we'd meet today, I'd call her with a good time.  So I did call her with this good time.  And she EMAILS me back to say 'oh, I though yesterday (Tuesday) was Monday (it wasn't) and so I can't really meet tonight (!!), how about tomorrow night, same time (grrrrr).  I guess I'm glad I had time to check my email.  Otherwise I would've rushed home from work and fed the current dogs and been anxiously awaiting her and Elana's arrival with the Fiance. And it's totally normal to email a person who CALLED you.  Whose number you have because IT'S IN YOUR CELL PHONE, because THEY CALLED YOU.

On top of this she finally sends me the contract and informs me that they don't accept personal checks, so I'll need cash or a money order to get the dog tomorrow night.

Ah, thanks for telling me that NOW.

Rescuers are nuts.  This woman also, in the short 5 minute conversation I had with her yesterday, totally bagged on the woman who came to do our home check.  Who seemed perfectly nice to me, but Rescue Woman was all, "Oh, yes, Janice.  Her dogs aren't very well behaved.  And she's ... well, she's not everyone's cup of tea.  Not everyone gets a long with Janice.  But she's okay, just, you know..." 

No, I don't know.  Nor do I feel the need to know.  Janice came to my house for the check, and then I ran into her at a doxie event,  and that will probably be the sum total of our interaction until, maybe, next year again at the annual doxie event.  So why do I -- who found her fine -- need to know that 'not everyone likes Janice'.  Nor do I need to get a sense of her credit score, job assessments or whether or not she likes brocolli.  It seems to me that it's tough to find people who want to do rescue work, especially scut work like home checks, so if you have someone, you might want to be more 'oh, she's so great' than otherwise.

I do speak from experience - I did rescue work myself for six years.  And tried to stay on the periphery as much as possible, because I found the other people I was involved with all a bit crazed. 

So no, Wacky Rescue Woman Who Thinks Tuesday Is Monday And Is One Of Those TMI/No Filter Kind Of People, I don't need to know anything about Janice.  But I might've been interested in the 'cash or money order policy' earlier in our association.

So that's what I'm doing tonight - going to a movie, and getting cash.  Because tomorrow night - assuming she wasn't confused again - we will meet/get Elana!

No comments:

Post a Comment