Peanut, Daisy, Jasper, Lillie

Peanut, Daisy, Jasper, Lillie
Posed and not barking. Two miracles, captured on film!!

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

oops, here we go again!

So the Fiance has had dreams of a yorkie - yorkshire terrier - for a while now.  And because of these dreams, he's become a bit yorkie-obsessed.  At first I thought it was just dreaming.  Then I'd be sitting at work and get an email with a link to an adoption site showing a yorkie.  And I'd think, "uh-oh".  So after a seeing a few of these, and wanting to be supportive, he finally said I would need to be the 'front man' - people think Al can be a little intimidating looking, and he doesn't speak 'rescue' - and he asked me to apply for two of the dogs.  So I did.  The one, called Ladybug, had been adopted by someone else that day.  But the other - with the ridiculous name of Elana -  was indeed available.  So we jumped through a few rescuer hoops, aced the home inspection, and tomorrow night we meet Elana. If everyone seems to like everyone else, I write a check, and she stays with us.

Dog number four.

Oh, my.

I'm not entirely sure about this.  I was initially,  but the more I think about it, the more I don't know.  Afterall, it's I who has to keep getting up in the middle of the night to let the dogs out, who makes the extra food, loses the sleep.  Peanut was SO HARD to get in the groove - how will this one fit?  And Jasper, I swear, seems to already realize what is going on, and is already acting out.  And to this we're going to add another dog?

But it does seem like something that's meant to be.  So I just need to have the faith that there was a reason for the dreams, and for this particular dog.  We've had great luck with the others, after a little work, pain, and sleep deprivation.  So perhaps we can help another dog, too.

But we seriously have to change the dog's name.

I would tell you the names under consideration and give you a chance to vote, but since I'm both author and sole reader of this endeavor, it seems like the votes might be weighted in my favor!  So we'll just have to duke out here, between the Fiance and I.

I'll keep you posted.  And try to keep my apparently split personality in check.

No comments:

Post a Comment