Peanut, Daisy, Jasper, Lillie

Peanut, Daisy, Jasper, Lillie
Posed and not barking. Two miracles, captured on film!!

Friday, June 4, 2010

Day One, Trash Talk

So, my first post.  I've given some thought to this whole concept, yet I know it's a discovery-in-progress - what do I want to talk about, what do I not, what should be revealed, how openly should I discuss certain issues?  So, welcome to the development process - come along with me!

Today we're sitting around, waiting for the garbage men to come.  Okay, no, I'm not on a lawn chair in the driveway, actively awaiting their arrival.  In fact, much of the day I wasn't giving them a lot of thought.  But it's 5:50 PM, and they usually are here 7-8 AM.  See a problem?  Yes, perhaps that 10 hour difference.

AAAAAHHHH, and as I write that, they show up.  In a larger-than usual truck, might I add. 

I realize that may seem like nothing, but I did not want to have to drag the cans back up to the trash, let me tell you!!

Plus, we'd had these baby birds in a birdhouse, and I found that they'd died last Saturday.  It was so very sad, because we'd been so thrilled that the mother and father house wrens had decided to nest there again.  But when I came home last week and walked near it, a cloud of flies appeared, and there was this smell...

I opened the birdhouse and pulled their tiny little bodies out, and bought a new birdhouse, as I can only assume no one would want to nest there again.  I put their little bodies into the trash, and they were adding nothing to the ambiance of the garage, and I was reminded of my sad task each time I went in there.  So, they have gone off to the great beyond, literally this time.

Well, on that happy note, I can't imagine you won't want to stop back at see what's up at Casa Barking Dogs again. 

My sweetie's home - the dogs are reacting more than normal.  So, talk to you soon -

No comments:

Post a Comment