Peanut, Daisy, Jasper, Lillie

Peanut, Daisy, Jasper, Lillie
Posed and not barking. Two miracles, captured on film!!

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I'M ALIVE!

So someone has actually read my blog and been nice enough to comment on it.  AMAZING.  It's a woman who goes by Red Hamster, and you'd think I might've been bright enough to have followed the link attached to her blogger name to see what she has to say, but no.  I'm just reveling in the excitement at the moment.

I guess she picked me  up off a blog I often read, called BADGER MEETS WORLD.  I love that blog - the doings of Badger and the Badger-ettes.  She's a heck of a writer.  I often comment on her blog - after reading her and her family's exploits for a year, I feel sufficiently involved in their lives to offer my two cents occassionally - and apparently my new friend Red Hamster followed me back from a comment.

Ah, the excitement.

I mean, I still don't have a follower, but at least it's not like I'm yelling into an empty room any more.  Now it's just a mostly empty room!  ;-)

Blogging is weird.  In part, it's like a diary of your life, where you have a place that you can put all these hopes and dreams and concerns and events.  And in that way it's exceptionally personal.  But the reason you're putting all that into a blog as opposed to heading your thoughts with Dear Diary and keeping them safely in a locked journal hidden under your mattress is that you want to share these things, know there's someone out there, know that others are experiencing like things (or, know that others are experiencing things unlike anything you'd do, at times).  So it's nice to know someone looks occassionally.

Red Hamster, if you happen to read this, THANKS!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey - you're alive - just in the nick of time, too! I've been battling a bad cold, and am sitting still more than usual..so I've been checking old blogs to see if the links are "dead". And here you are still kicking! Good for you.

    Everyone needs a "first comment" for inspiration. Glad I could help. How are you doing, and how are those dogs of yours? :-)

    ReplyDelete